[Gluster-devel] Gluster Weekly Report : Static Analyser

Sunny Kumar sunkumar at redhat.com
Sun Nov 11 01:30:42 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

This was a great week good work team !! Coverity count is below 100.

The current status of static analyser is below:

Coverity scan status:
Last week we started from 116 and now its 92 (10th Nov scan) and 2 new
got introduced both of them is fixed(by Yaniv and Vijay) now.
Contributors - Atin (1 patch containing 6 fixes), Sunny (2 patch
containing 5 fixes out of 1 defect is still open).
This week we also made effort to triaging existing false positive.
Shyam posted a patch to fix a class of "Insecure data handling" coverity defect.
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/21584/.

As you all are aware we are marking few features as deprecated in gluster [1].
Few coverity defects eliminated due to this activity. (from bd and glupy)
[1]. https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-July/034400.html

Clang-scan status:
Last week we started from 84 and today its 72 (build #511).

This week all reduced clang report are resulted due to activity around
[1]. No patch targeted for clang fix got merged.

If you want to contribute in fixing coverity and clang-scan fixes
please follow these instruction:
* for coverity scan fixes:
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-August/055155.html
 * for clang-scan: