[Gluster-devel] Coverity cleanup drive

Sunny Kumar sunkumar at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 06:59:59 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

We are planning to reduce coverity errors to improve upstream stability.

To avoid duplicate efforts and concerns like patch review, we suggest
following rules :-

1. Visit https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs and
request to "Add me to project" to see all reported coverity errors.

2. Pick any error and assign to yourself in Triage -> Owner section,
it will let others know you are owner of that error and avoid
duplicate efforts.
In Triage-> Ext. Reference you can post patch link.
For example see -
https://scan6.coverity.com/reports.htm#v42401/p10714/fileInstanceId=84384726&defectInstanceId=25600457&mergedDefectId=727233&eventId=25600457-1

3. You should pick coverity per component/file basis and fix all the
coverity errors reported for that component/file.
If some file has few defects it is advisable to combine errors from
same component. This will help the reviewers to quickly review the
patch.
For example see -
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/20600/.

4. Please use BUG : 789278 to send all coverity related patch and do
not forget to mention coverity link in commit message.
For example see-
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/20600/.

5. After the patch is merged please make entry of coverity-ID in spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZNallBF30T2w_qi0wRxzqDn0KbcYP5zshiLrYu9XyQ/edit?usp=sharing.

Yes ! You can win some swags by participating in this effort if you
meet these criteria:-

a. Triage the bugs properly.
b. Updating the sheets.
c. More than 17 coverity fixes.
d. Most importantly all the submitted patches should get merged by
25th Aug 2018.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions,
* Sunny - sunkumar at redhat.com
* Karthik - ksubrahm at redhat.com
* Bhumika -  bgoyal at redhat.com

- Sunny