[Gluster-devel] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 08:35:03 UTC 2018

On 03/20/2018 07:07 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> On 03/12/2018 09:37 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As we wind down on 4.0 activities (waiting on docs to hit the site, and
>> packages to be available in CentOS repositories before announcing the
>> release), it is time to start preparing for the 4.1 release.
>>
>> 4.1 is where we have GD2 fully functional and shipping with migration
>> tools to aid Glusterd to GlusterD2 migrations.
>>
>> Other than the above, this is a call out for features that are in the
>> works for 4.1. Please *post* the github issues to the *devel lists* that
>> you would like as a part of 4.1, and also mention the current state of
>> development.
> Thanks for those who responded. The github lane and milestones for the
> said features are updated, request those who mentioned issues being
> tracked for 4.1 check that these are reflected in the project lane [1].
>
> I have few requests as follows that if picked up would be a good thing
> to achieve by 4.1, volunteers welcome!
>
> - Issue #224: Improve SOS report plugin maintenance
>    - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/224
>
> - Issue #259: Compilation warnings with gcc 7.x
>    - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/259
>
> - Issue #411: Ensure python3 compatibility across code base
>    - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/411
>
> - NFS Ganesha HA (storhaug)
>    - Does this need an issue for Gluster releases to track? (maybe packaging)
>
> I will close the call for features by Monday 26th Mar, 2018. Post this,
> I would request that features that need to make it into 4.1 be raised as
> exceptions to the devel and maintainers list for evaluation.

Hi Shyam,

I want to add https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/363 also for
4.1. It is not a new feature but rather an enhancement to a volume
option in AFR. I don't think it can qualify as a bug fix, so mentioning
it here just in case it needs to be tracked too. The (only) patch is
undergoing review cycles.

Regards,
Ravi