[Gluster-devel] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 13:37:01 UTC 2018

On 03/12/2018 09:37 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As we wind down on 4.0 activities (waiting on docs to hit the site, and
> packages to be available in CentOS repositories before announcing the
> release), it is time to start preparing for the 4.1 release.
>
> 4.1 is where we have GD2 fully functional and shipping with migration
> tools to aid Glusterd to GlusterD2 migrations.
>
> Other than the above, this is a call out for features that are in the
> works for 4.1. Please *post* the github issues to the *devel lists* that
> you would like as a part of 4.1, and also mention the current state of
> development.

Thanks for those who responded. The github lane and milestones for the
said features are updated, request those who mentioned issues being
tracked for 4.1 check that these are reflected in the project lane [1].

I have few requests as follows that if picked up would be a good thing
to achieve by 4.1, volunteers welcome!

- Issue #224: Improve SOS report plugin maintenance
  - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/224

- Issue #259: Compilation warnings with gcc 7.x
  - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/259

- Issue #411: Ensure python3 compatibility across code base
  - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/411

- NFS Ganesha HA (storhaug)
  - Does this need an issue for Gluster releases to track? (maybe packaging)

I will close the call for features by Monday 26th Mar, 2018. Post this,
I would request that features that need to make it into 4.1 be raised as
exceptions to the devel and maintainers list for evaluation.

> Further, as we hit end of March, we would make it mandatory for features
> to have required spec and doc labels, before the code is merged, so
> factor in efforts for the same if not already done.
>
> Current 4.1 project release lane is empty! I cleaned it up, because I
> want to hear from all as to what content to add, than add things marked
> with the 4.1 milestone by default.

[1] 4.1 Release lane:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/projects/1#column-1075416

> Thanks,
> Shyam
> P.S: Also any volunteers to shadow/participate/run 4.1 as a release owner?

Calling this out again!