[Gluster-devel] Removal of use-compound-fops option in afr

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 13:40:18 UTC 2018

On 03/04/2018 10:15 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> Shyam,
>     Do let me know if there is anything that needs to be done on the
> process front.

I see that use-compound-fops is now deprecated, which is something that
users need to be aware of.

So when preparing release-notes, for when this change will hit a release
(or are you intending to backport this?), we need to call out the same.
The process for such a change is to look for github issues across the
commits, and will get missed if this is a bug.

At times bugs are fine, but again in this case, the bug reads eager lock
changes, and the commit is to remove compounding. So users again may not
be aware of the change looking at the bug list.

So overall, from a process (and a release) standpoint, I would have
preferred a github issue (or a bug, which for this change seems not to
be the case), that calls out that this feature is to be deprecated/disabled.

HTH.