[Gluster-devel] Any mature(better) solution(way) to handle slow performance on 'ls -l, '.

Poornima Gurusiddaiah pgurusid at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 10:59:38 UTC 2018

If you are not using applications that rely on 100% metadata consistency,
like Databases, Kafka, AMQ etc. you can use the below mentioned volume

# gluster volume set <volname> group metadata-cache

# gluster volume set <volname> network.inode-lru-limit 200000

# gluster volume set <VOLNAME> performance.readdir-ahead on

# gluster volume set <VOLNAME> performance.parallel-readdir on

For more information refer to [1]

Also, which version og Gluster are you using? Its preferred to use 3.11 or
above for these perf enhancements.
Note that parallel-readdir is going to help in increasing the ls -l
performance drastically in your case, but there are few corner case known
issues.

Regards,
Poornima

[1]