[Gluster-devel] Setting up dev environment

Milind Changire mchangir at redhat.com
Sat Jan 20 04:53:00 UTC 2018

If you are a Gluster contributor then you'll need to have a GitHub Account
with your Public SSH Key uploaded at GitHub to use the ssh transport.

If you are not a Gluster contributor, then you might just want to use the
https transport instead of the ssh transport to clone the glusterfs repo
off git.gluster.org.

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 7:47 AM, Ram Ankireddypalle <areddy at commvault.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       I am trying to set  a dev environment and send out the code that I
> worked on out for review.
>
>       I tried setting up a build environment using doc @
> http://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Developer-guide/Development-Workflow/
>

>      I am seeing the following error.
>

>      git clone ssh://ram-ankireddypalle@git.gluster.org/glusterfs.git
> glusterfs
>
>      Cloning into 'glusterfs'...
>
>      ssh: connect to host git.gluster.org port 22: Connection timed out
>

>     Please suggest what could be the issue here.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Ram

> "This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for
> the
> sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or
> distribution
> by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by
> mistake,
> please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."

Milind