[Gluster-devel] Release 4.0: Making it happen! (Protocol changes and wireshark)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Jan 10 20:36:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

As we are introducing a new protocol version, the existing gluster
wireshark plugin [1] needs to be updated.

Further this needs to get released to wireshark users in some fashion,
which looks like a need to follow wireshark roadmap [2] (not sure if
this can be part of a maintenance release, which would possibly be based
on the quantum of changes etc.).

This need not happen with 4.0 branching, but at least has to be
completed before 4.0 release.

@neils once the protocol changes are complete, would this be possible to
complete by you in the next 6 odd weeks by the release (end of Feb)? Or,
if we need volunteers, please give a shout out here.

Shyam

[1] Gluster wireshark plugin:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/gitweb?p=wireshark.git;a=tree;f=epan/dissectors;h=8c8303285a204bdff3b8b80e2811dcd9b7ab6fe0;hb=HEAD

[2] Wireshark roadmap: https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Roadmap