[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS project contribution.

Raghavendra G raghavendra at gluster.com
Thu Feb 22 10:42:39 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 5:18 AM, Javier Romero <xavinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amar,
>
> I've been contributing through the CentOS Storage SIG with the
> GlusterFS Github containers repository.
> Have created a new Dockerfile for image creation to run containers on
> CentOS 7 with GlusterFS 3.13 already installed. Also sent a pull
> request on Github to merge a new branch named gluster-3.13 with this
> new Dockerfile included. Tested on Centos 7 release 7.4.1708 (Core)
> with kernel 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64 and works ok:
>
> # docker images
> REPOSITORY                TAG                 IMAGE ID
> CREATED             SIZE
> dockerfile-gluster-3.13   latest              07931ac54c87      About
> an hour ago   371.9 MB
> docker.io/centos            7                     ff426288ea90
>    5 weeks ago        207.2 MB
>

> # docker ps -a
> CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                     COMMAND
> CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
> 4e164d71256f    dockerfile-gluster-3.1 3  "/usr/sbin/init"      About
> an hour ago        Up About an hour
> backstabbing_babbage
>

> # docker exec -it 4e164d71256f sh
> sh-4.2# glusterd -V
> glusterfs 3.13.2
>
> Will be working to create a Vagrant Box and VirtualBox VM wirh
> GlusterFS just installed, and see how can I provide them to other
> users who may want to give them a try.
>
> You talk about the wireshark dissector for Gluster's 4.0 protocol, can
> you give me a liitle more information on how can I work on this to see
> if I can help?

There have been changes to "on-the-wire" structure of rpc messages. I guess
Amar meant adding wireshark support for these changes. For the list of
changes see
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/384
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/220
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/203