[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS project contribution.

Javier Romero xavinux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 23:48:02 UTC 2018

Hi Amar,

I've been contributing through the CentOS Storage SIG with the
GlusterFS Github containers repository.
Have created a new Dockerfile for image creation to run containers on
CentOS 7 with GlusterFS 3.13 already installed. Also sent a pull
request on Github to merge a new branch named gluster-3.13 with this
new Dockerfile included. Tested on Centos 7 release 7.4.1708 (Core)
with kernel 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64 and works ok:

# docker images
REPOSITORY                TAG                 IMAGE ID
CREATED             SIZE
dockerfile-gluster-3.13   latest              07931ac54c87      About
an hour ago   371.9 MB
docker.io/centos            7                     ff426288ea90
   5 weeks ago        207.2 MB

# docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                     COMMAND
CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
4e164d71256f    dockerfile-gluster-3.1 3  "/usr/sbin/init"      About
an hour ago        Up About an hour
backstabbing_babbage

# docker exec -it 4e164d71256f sh
sh-4.2# glusterd -V
glusterfs 3.13.2

Will be working to create a Vagrant Box and VirtualBox VM wirh
GlusterFS just installed, and see how can I provide them to other
users who may want to give them a try.

You talk about the wireshark dissector for Gluster's 4.0 protocol, can
you give me a liitle more information on how can I work on this to see
if I can help?

Thanks for your kindattention.

Regards,

Javier Romero