[Gluster-devel] Release 5: Release calendar and status updates

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 18:28:33 UTC 2018

This mail is to solicit the following,

Features/enhancements planned for Gluster 5 needs the following from
contributors:
  - Open/Use relevant issue
  - Mark issue with the "Release 5" milestone [1]
  - Post to the devel lists issue details, requesting addition to track
the same for the release

NOTE: We are ~7 days from branching, and I do not have any issues marked
for the release, please respond with your issues that are going to be a
part of this release as you read this.

Calendar of activities look as follows:

1) master branch health checks (weekly, till branching)
  - Expect every Monday a status update on various tests runs

2) Branching date: (Monday) Aug-20-2018 (~40 days before GA tagging)

3) Late feature back port closure: (Friday) Aug-24-2018 (1 week from
branching)

4) Initial release notes readiness: (Monday) Aug-27-2018

5) RC0 build: (Monday) Aug-27-2018

<Testing phase: Performance, on-demand regressions, Glusto(?)>

6) RC1 build: (Monday) Sep-17-2018

<Testing phase: Performance, on-demand regressions, Glusto(?), Upgrades>

7) GA tagging: (Monday) Oct-01-2018

<Final package testing>

8) ~week later release announcement

Go/no-go discussions per-phase will be discussed in the maintainers list.

[1] Release milestone: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/milestone/7