[Gluster-devel] 3.6.5 -> 4.1 upgrade

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 14:42:08 UTC 2018

Upgrade from 3.8.x to 4.1 shouldn't be an issue, if you are doing a rolling
upgrade (ie, client will still be accessing the data).

I am not sure about 3.6.5 to 4.1 for rolling upgrade, mainly because there
was some changes which prevented them.

If you are planning for an offline upgrade (ie, mount and bricks can go
offline for few minutes), then it should be fine, we haven't changed
anything on disk format, data layout etc.

-Amar

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Roman <romeo.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear devs,
>
> Am I safe to upgrade to 4.1 from 3.6.5 with a single apt-get install
> command?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Roman.