[Gluster-devel] Release 5: Master branch health report (Week of 30th July)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Sun Aug 5 22:24:27 UTC 2018

On 07/31/2018 07:16 AM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> On 07/30/2018 03:21 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
>> On 07/24/2018 03:12 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
>>> 1) master branch health checks (weekly, till branching)
>>>   - Expect every Monday a status update on various tests runs
>> See https://build.gluster.org/job/nightly-master/ for a report on
>> various nightly and periodic jobs on master.
> Thinking aloud, we may have to stop merges to master to get these test
> failures addressed at the earliest and to continue maintaining them
> GREEN for the health of the branch.
>
> I would give the above a week, before we lockdown the branch to fix the
> failures.
>
> Let's try and get line-coverage and nightly regression tests addressed
> this week (leaving mux-regression open), and if addressed not lock the
> branch down.

Health on master as of the last nightly run [4] is still the same.

Potential patches that rectify the situation (as in [1]) are bunched in
a patch [2] that Atin and myself have put through several regressions
(mux, normal and line coverage) and these have also not passed.

Till we rectify the situation we are locking down master branch commit
rights to the following people, Amar, Atin, Shyam, Vijay.

The intention is to stabilize master and not add more patches that my
destabilize it.

Test cases that are tracked as failures and need action are present here
[3].

@Nigel, request you to apply the commit rights change as you see this
mail and let the list know regarding the same as well.

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] Patches that address regression failures:
https://review.gluster.org/#/q/starredby:srangana%2540redhat.com

[2] Bunched up patch against which regressions were run:
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/20637

[3] Failing tests list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IF9GhpKah4bto19RQLr0y_Kkw26E_-crKALHSaSjZMQ/edit?usp=sharing

[4] Nightly run dashboard: https://build.gluster.org/job/nightly-master/