[Gluster-devel] Fuse mounts and inodes

Csaba Henk chenk at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 05:46:24 UTC 2017

Thanks Du, nice bit of info! It made me wander about the following:

- Could it be then the default answer we give to "glusterfs client
high memory usage"
  type of complaints to set vfs_cache_pressure to 100 + x?
- And then x = ? Was there proper performance testing done to see how
performance /
  mem consumtion changes in terms of vfs_cache_performace?
- vfs_cache_pressure is an allover system tunable. If 100 + x is ideal
for GlusterFS, can
  we take the courage to propose this? Is there no risk to trash other
(disk-based)
  filesystems' performace?

Csaba