[Gluster-devel] Test Case execution is failing

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 13:39:17 UTC 2017

On 10/27/2017 09:15 AM, Vaibhav Vaingankar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are building GlusterFS from source. The build and installation is
> successful, but while running `run-tests.sh` script we have encountered
> the following error
>
>         Result: FAIL
>         ./tests/basic/0symbol-check.t: bad status 1
>
>         *********************************
>         * REGRESSION FAILED *
>         * Retrying failed tests in case *
>         * we got some spurous failures *
>         *********************************

Your problem seems to be due to glusterd-snapshot.c using lstat instead
of sys_lstat. This is fixed in master here
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/16820/

If that patch is applied, you should be able to progress beyond this
issue. So you are looking at a genuine issue not (yet) a problem with
the tests as such.

I am attempting to understand how this passed (and continues to pass) in
the 3.10 release branch.

> we have followed the steps mentioned on github repo,
>
>         wget https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/archive/v3.10.6.tar.gz
>         tar -xvzf v3.10.6.tar.gz
>         cd glusterfs-3.10.6
>         ./autogen.sh
>         ./configure
>         make
>         make install
>

> Followed the steps mentioned here:
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/tests/README.md

Quick question, following the above steps in the documentation does not
yield run-tests.sh in the /usr/share/glusterfs/ (or in
/usr/local/share/glusterfs either), did you hence run the tests from the
extracted tarball location instead?