[Gluster-devel] Test Case execution is failing

Vaibhav Vaingankar vaibhavv at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 27 13:15:17 UTC 2017

Hello,

We are building GlusterFS from source. The build and installation is
successful, but while running `run-tests.sh` script we have encountered the
following error

      Result: FAIL
      ./tests/basic/0symbol-check.t: bad status 1

             *********************************
             *       REGRESSION FAILED       *
             * Retrying failed tests in case *
             * we got some spurous failures  *
             *********************************

we have followed the steps mentioned on github repo,

      wget https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/archive/v3.10.6.tar.gz
      tar -xvzf v3.10.6.tar.gz
      cd  glusterfs-3.10.6
      ./autogen.sh
      ./configure
      make
      make install

Followed the steps mentioned here:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/tests/README.md

are we missing something? or is there any alternate approach to execute
tests. Please do let us know.

Thanks,
Vaibhav