[Gluster-devel] Test cases failing on X86

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Sat Nov 18 02:22:33 UTC 2017

On 11/17/2017 05:34 PM, Vaibhav Vaingankar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was executing test cases on x86 Ubuntu:16.04 VM, however I found
> following test cases are consistently failing. are they expected
> failure? or something is missing? following are the build steps I used:
>
>         apt-get install make automake autoconf libtool flex bison
>         pkg-config libssl-dev libxml2-dev python-dev libaio-dev
>         libibverbs-dev librdmacm-dev libreadline-dev liblvm2-dev
>         libglib2.0-dev liburcu-dev libcmocka-dev libsqlite3-dev
>         libacl1-dev wget tar dbench git xfsprogs attr nfs-common
>         yajl-tools sqlite3
>         git clone https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs
>         cd glusterfs
>         git checkout v3.10.7
>         ./autogen.sh
>         ./configure
>         make
>         make install
>         ./run-tests.sh

Most likely setup issues. There were only 2 tests failing for me on
master (see the thread on
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2017-November/003617.html).
Tests with G_TESTDEF_TEST_STATUS are known bad tests.  For nfs tests,
you need to `./configure --enable-gnfs` Run the tests individually and
see why they are failing.

HTH
Ravi