[Gluster-devel] Gluster Summit Discussion: Time taken for regression tests

Xavi Hernandez jahernan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 09:23:17 UTC 2017

One thing we could do with some tests I know is to remove some of them.

EC currently runs the same test on multiple volume configurations (2+1,
3+1, 4+1, 3+2, 4+2, 4+3 and 8+4). I think we could reduce it to two common
configurations (2+1 and 4+2) and one or two special configurations (3+1
and/or 3+2). This will remove the biggest ones, that take most of the time,
while keeping the basic things still tested.

Xavi