[Gluster-devel] Coverity fixes

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Mon Nov 6 12:25:39 UTC 2017

One of the things I noticed is, if we make
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs as the source of truth
for coverity issues, then the issue IDs will be constant. We can reference
them.

Also note that we should most probably focusing on 'High Impact' issues
first for sure, than the medium/low impact issues.

Regards,
Amar

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 7:38 AM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 at 18:31, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> How does that work? AFAIK the defect IDs are constantly changing as some
>>> get fixed and new ones get added.
>>

>> We’d need atleast (a) the defect id with pointer to the coverity link
>> which most of the devs are now following I guess but with a caveat that
>> link goes stale in 7 days and the review needs to be done by that time or
>> (b) the commit message should exactly have the coverity description which
>> is more neat.
>>
>> ( I was not knowing the fact the defect id are not constant and later on
>> got to know this from Nigel today)
>>

> +1 to providing a clean description of the issue rather than using a
> temporary defect ID.
>
> -Vijay

Amar Tumballi (amarts)