[Gluster-devel] Unplanned Gerrit Outage yesterday

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Thu Nov 2 15:16:15 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

Yesterday, we had an unplanned Gerrit outage. We have now determined that
for some reason the machine rebooted for some reason. Michael is continuing
to debug what lead to this issue. Gerrit does not start automatically when
the VM restarted at this point.

We are currently testing a systemd unit file for Gerrit in staging. Once
that's in place, we can ensure that we start Gerrit automatically when we
restart the server.

Timeline of events (in CET):
16:29 - I receive an alert that Gerrit is down. This goes ignored because
we're still working on Jenkins.

18:25 - I notice the alerts as we're packing up for the day and start
Gerrit.

--
nigelb