[Gluster-devel] Coverity fixes

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Fri Nov 3 13:25:36 UTC 2017

On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 at 18:31, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/02/2017 10:19 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> > While I appreciate the folks to contribute lot of coverity fixes over
> > last few days, I have an observation for some of the patches the
> > coverity issue id(s) are *not* mentioned which gets maintainers in a
> > difficult situation to understand the exact complaint coming out of the
> > coverity. From my past experience in fixing coverity defects, sometimes
> > the fixes might look simple but they are not.
> >
> > May I request all the developers to include the defect id in the commit
> > message for all the coverity fixes?
> >

> How does that work? AFAIK the defect IDs are constantly changing as some
> get fixed and new ones get added.

We’d need atleast (a) the defect id with pointer to the coverity link which
most of the devs are now following I guess but with a caveat that link goes
stale in 7 days and the review needs to be done by that time or (b) the
commit message should exactly have the coverity description which is more
neat.

( I was not knowing the fact the defect id are not constant and later on
got to know this from Nigel today)

--
- Atin (atinm)