[Gluster-devel] Maintainers' meeting: Minutes (11/01/2017 - Nov 1st, 2017)
atumball at redhat.com
Thu Nov 2 07:42:55 UTC 2017
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580
- Download: https://bluejeans.com/s/9vElE
- [Sorry Note] Jose, Atin (Holiday in India)
- jdarcy, shyam, amarts, amye, nigelb, michael (misc), ndevos (DST
Gluster Summit Updates
- How to handle first time users properly, so they continue to
- AI: Report generation to identify first time contributors in the
- Handling the patches if more than 10 revision happen in a patchset?
- “Patch etiquette” documentation (jdarcy)
- AI: General agreement on this process is present, we need to
document and share the news to the larger contributors lists
- Feature deliverables diligence enforcement [Shyam]
- A feature should not be commited to code without,
- Sufficient design
- Documentation updates
- Relevant test cases
- Maintainers would be reponsible to ensure all deliverables are
in place before the merge
- All deliverables can be tracked in the github issue for the
- Please! no more slips of features masking as bugs
- Should we extend test cases for bug patches as well, noting in
the review if an exception is taken for a bug commit without
a test case?
- Can we keep the github issue open till all deliverables are
met and use some flags there, like BZ
- Possibly not, as folks post code submission, do not
revisit the github issue
- Documentation versioning and handling this with that request
- There are challenges here, repo versions, search, and such
in maintianing versions
- AI: Continue this on the maintainers list and decide on
further course of action [Shyam]
- Further updates if any?
- Infra Updates:
- Jenkins now runs on Centos 7. The downtime is not yet complete.
- We’re going to also move bits.gluster.org onto a new server
- If all goes well, this deprecates the old Jenkins server which a
lot of people had SSH access into.
- mass reformat to improve consistency (jdarcy)
- git history can get mangled (cregit tool can help maybe)
- Ex: cregit.linuxsources.org/
- AI: [Nigel] to check and see if history mangling can be avoided
with the above tool
- AI: [Shyam] add to 4.0 plans mails
- AI: [Jeff] Provide an example that can help assess work
- Release tasks update [Shyam]
- Post 3.13 branching, master is open to absorb all of 4.0
- We need to ensure we call out the features that are going to
make it, as branching deadline for 4.0 would be mid-december
end Jan release!
- 3 months from 3.13 is end Feb, but we have decided end Jan as
4.0 is also an STM
- Features/Major changes:
- GD2 is a big piece and needs some decisions there
- Protocol changes
- Monitoring changes
- FB Changes
- AI: [Shyam] to start threads on the list to get things moving
- Suggest adding “Decisions” section to document, that calls out
decisions made [Shyam]
- AI: [Amar] to try and incorporate this into the notes
- Summit video recording to be uploaded and made public
- AI: Do we have all the slides? [Amye]
- AI: BoF summary mails reminder to the owners [Amye]
- gNFS maintainers announcement [Shyam]
- AI: To be done in a day or two, adding Shreyas and Jeff from
Facebook to the MAINTAINERS file [Shyam]
- Minor modifications to patches from maintainers is OK if below is
- Author information remains intact. (Use ‘git --author’ option)
- Original Author is notified with clear reason for edits:
- Can be “I like the idea, and would like to land it in next
release as I feel its important, would like to make minor
some log-messages and send a patch myself on your behalf
to cut down the
time. Thanks, sincerely”
- Or “I like this idea, and don’t see much activity on this
from last few weeks. If you don’t mind I am planning to
resend it on your
behalf for the review”.
- etc, etc.
Join us back in another 2 weeks if you have any further points to discuss.
Meantime, feel free to discuss further in this thread if there some
thoughts you have on the meeting.
Amar Tumballi (amarts)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel