[Gluster-devel] Jenkins OS Upgrade Complete

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Wed Nov 1 17:16:09 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

The downtime window is now complete and here's a report on what's happened
today.

## Jenkins
We've moved build.gluster.org to a new server that runs Centos 7. This
server is managed in Ansible, though we do not yet manage Jenkins in
ansible. The old server is now called jenkins.rht.gluster.org. If you want
to copy something off your home directory, now is the time. We will be
shutting off this server by December. We've confirmed that jobs can be
triggered and report back to Gerrit.

We spent a large amount of time waiting for rsync to copy all the files
over. We had about 50G of logs, RPMs, and associated files with the jobs
folder.

## bits.gluster.org
We host an archive of all release builds on bits.gluster.org. This used to
be on the build.gluster.org server. In fact, our release job depended on
this. We've created a new server called http.int.rht.gluster.org (internal)
to host static content like this. During this migration, we copied all the
files to the new server and gave it about 5GB of space in total. If we can
clear out files from this server, please get in touch with us via a bug[1].

If you're a release manager, please pay attention to the following
information. The release job on Jenkins is now deprecated. Please use the
release-new job instead. When you use the release-new job, it will not
place the tarball in bits.gluster.org (for now). This will be fixed this
week. We're deferring this right now due to the late hour and the long day
Michael and I have both had with this migration.

If you face any issue with jenkins, please do not hesitate to file a bug
and get in touch with us.

Thanks,
Nigel and Michael
Gluster Infra Team