[Gluster-devel] Release 3.12 and 4.0: Thoughts on scope

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Tue May 30 13:25:07 UTC 2017

I couldn't get time to get back on this list completely. While this looks
mostly fine, there are few things I wanted to add.

   - Check with few features which users are asking for long, and we are
   still not able to get to it. (Is there such a list somewhere? I prefer that
   to be migrated to github issues, if any).
   - What would be the status of projects depending on glusterfs repo by
   4.0 timeframe. Will we have a release of those projects also?
      - like gluster-block
      - like gluster-swift
      - like gluster-nagios*
      - And any other integration projects (like heketi / gdeploy etc).
   - Will these projects promise any features by that time, and does any of
   them require glusterfs changes?

For these release, how about people sending release-notes and specs before
starting to write code? :-)
Also, should we let wider user community know about these list? or is it
too early for it. They may ask for few features.

Regards,
Amar

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)