[Gluster-devel] Release 3.12 and 4.0: Thoughts on scope
kshlmster at gmail.com
Tue May 16 08:40:36 UTC 2017
On 16 May 2017 06:16, "Shyam" <srangana at redhat.com> wrote:
Let's start a bit early on 3.12 and 4.0 roadmap items, as there have been
quite a few discussions around this in various meetups.
Here is what we are hearing (or have heard), so if you are working on any
of these items, do put up your github issue, and let us know which release
you are targeting these for.
If you are working on something that is not represented here, shout out,
and we can get that added to the list of items in the upcoming releases.
Once we have a good collection slotted into the respective releases (on
github), we can further announce the same in the users list as well.
1. Geo-replication to cloud (ie, s3 or glacier like storage target)
2. Basic level of throttling support on server side to manage the self-heal
3. Brick Multiplexing (Better support, more control)
4. GFID to path improvements
5. Resolve issues around disconnects and ping-timeouts
6. Halo with hybrid mode was supposed to be with 3.12
7. Procedures and code for +1 scaling the cluster?
8. Lookup-optimized turned on by default.
9. Thin client (or server side clustering) - phase 1.
We also have the IPV6 patch by FB. This was supposed to go into 3.11 but
hasn't. The main thing blocking this is having an actual IPV6 environment
to test it in.
4.0: (more thematic than actual features at the moment)
1. Separation of Management and Filesystem layers (aka GlusterD2 related
2. Scaling Distribution logic
3. Better consistency with rename() and link() operations
4. Thin client || Clustering Logic on server side - Phase 2
5. Quota: re-look at optimal support
6. Improvements in debug-ability and more focus on testing coverage based
Components moving out of support in possibly 4.0
- Stripe translator
- AFR with just 2 subvolume (either use Arbiter or 3 way replicate)
- Re-validate few performance translator's presence.
Gluster-devel mailing list
Gluster-devel at gluster.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel