[Gluster-devel] Bugs with incorrect status

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 21:23:31 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 02:30:44PM -0400, Shyam wrote:
> Bugs fixed against 3.10.0 are being incorrectly tracked in this report.
>
> These are bugs that were fixed in 3.9.0 (the majority of them at least, I
> did not go through each one of them).
>
> I have completed a job to update bugs that were fixed in 3.9.0, this should
> reduce the noise in this report by about *224* bugs.
>
> I think we should check the script that is used to generate this report, as
> I was surprised to see 3.10 here, and spent about an hour or more, cleaning
> this up (for 3.9). It would have made it easier if this was called out
> against 3.9.0 instead.

Thanks, the script picked the latest tag that contained the commit. This
was assumed to be the 'release' and not a 'for qa' tag. The problem
should be addressed with https://github.com/gluster/release-tools/pull/14

This is most likely caused by changes that were posted against the now
EOL branches, those changes were mostly(?) abandoned recently. If there
were other changes part of the set, the tag searching would not be
correct for patches that got merged way earlier. (Or something?)

Anyway, the cron job will generate a new list this night, and I'll
forward it tomorrow.

Thanks for checking!
Niels