[Gluster-devel] about deduplication feature

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 09:03:34 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Li, Dan <lidan at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> we are using GlusterFS to construct our distribute filesystem.
> Does gulsterFS has the deduplication feature on volumes?

Will you support it in the future?

hi Lidan,
      At the moment, GlusterFS doesn't have any deduplication feature.
There were plans to do it sometime back with reflinks but nothing concrete
happened. So we don't know if it will be supported in future or not. Some
people use other software at different layers underneath to achieve this.

> Thanks,
>
> Lidan

Pranith