[Gluster-devel] [Qusetions] About the implemention of function gf_backtrace_fillframes

C0reFast topchenfu at qq.com
Tue Jun 20 03:08:24 UTC 2017

When I trying to listing /tmp in a gluster server. I found that have some bt prefix files like:[root at xxx# ll /tmp/
ls: cannot access /tmp/btm1RpMm: No such file or directory
total 116
-rw-------  1 root root   129 Jan 13 17:11 bt0tJH3c
-rw-------  1 root root   287 Jan 13 17:11 btyDGNO9
drwx------. 2 root root 16384 Oct 19 09:21 lost+found

so i checked the source code. found in libglusterfs/src/common-utils.c

in function gf_backtrace_fillframes:

1. call frames = backtrace (array, GF_BACKTRACE_FRAME_COUNT); to get backtrace.
2. save backtrace to a temp file.
3. read backtrace from temp file to btbuf.

so why need writing a temp file instead just doing this in memory?