[Gluster-devel] Support for statx in 4.0

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 11:29:49 UTC 2017

On 06/12/2017 01:21 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Linux 4.11 has added support for a new system call, statx [1]. statx
> provides more information than what stat() does today. Given that
> there could be potential users for this new interface it would be nice
> to have statx supported in 4.0. We could review if some of our
> translators, nfs & smb accesses leverage this interface for some
> enhanced functionality.
>
> I have not yet checked the current state of support for statx in fuse.
> Needless to say it would be useful to have it in there. If somebody's
> interested in working this out across the entire stack (fuse &
> gluster), do let us know here!

I can take a shot at this.  A cursory look seems to indicate support in
fuse as well, since the syscall is basically overloading vfs_getattr()
and the patch contains changes to fuse_getattr to accommodate the new
params. So it might just be the gluster bits where we need to introduce
the fop.

Regards,
Ravi