[Gluster-devel] Support for statx in 4.0

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Jun 12 07:51:31 UTC 2017

Hey All,

Linux 4.11 has added support for a new system call, statx [1]. statx
provides more information than what stat() does today. Given that there
could be potential users for this new interface it would be nice to have
statx supported in 4.0. We could review if some of our translators, nfs
& smb accesses leverage this interface for some enhanced functionality.

I have not yet checked the current state of support for statx in fuse.
Needless to say it would be useful to have it in there. If somebody's
interested in working this out across the entire stack (fuse & gluster),
do let us know here!

Regards,
Vijay

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/8982111/