[Gluster-devel] Rebalance source code

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 04:05:44 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

rebalance process is not a server process. Instead its a client (albeit a special one - doesn't have an interface layer like fuse/gfapi, xlator graph is rooted at dht , dht xlator itself has the option "rebalance-cmd" set which won't be on normal clients, once crawling starts it continues in same graph even if there are graph changes during course of rebalance). You can check logs of rebalance process (*rebalance*.log in gluster log directory) for the exact set of translators loaded.

As to when the crawling starts, it is done when dht gets at least one of CHILD_UP/CHILD_DOWN/CHILD_CONNECTING from _all_ of its subvols. You can check dht_notify for more details where we create a thread with gf_defrag_start as entry function.