[Gluster-devel] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, July 2017

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Mon Jul 31 22:43:31 UTC 2017

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, July 2017

--

The Gluster Summit CfP has been extended to midnight Pacific time, August 15th.

Want to get your talk in but wasn’t sure what to say? Drop something
in before August 15th anyways!

https://www.gluster.org/events/summit2017

Welcome new maintainers!

https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/MAINTAINERS now
reflects our modified maintainer structure, and the maintainers
meeting happens every other week at the same time as the community
meeting.

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053362.html
has more details.

Our weekly community meeting has changed: we'll be meeting every other
week instead of weekly, moving the time to 15:00 UTC, and our agenda
is at: https://bit.ly/gluster-community-meetings

Release 3.12 has been branched! This Long Term Release will be
available in August.

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053367.html

Noteworthy threads:

[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.8.14 is here, 3.8 even closer to
End-Of-Life http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-July/031826.html

[Gluster-users] Web python framework under GlusterFS

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-July/031888.html

[Gluster-devel] [New Release] GlusterD2 v4.0dev-7

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053229.html

[Gluster-devel] create restrictions xlator

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053288.html

[Gluster-devel] What would be ideal option for 'auth.allow' to support
subdir mount?

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053355.html

[Gluster-devel] Changing the relative order of read-ahead and open-behind

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053363.html

Gluster Top 5 Contributors in the last 30 days:

Michael Scherer, Kaleb Keithley, Sachidananda URS, Niels De Vos,
Nithya Balachandran

Upcoming CFPs:

LinuxConf AU

https://linux.conf.au/proposals/ - August 6th