[Gluster-devel] About WORM feature

Karthik Subrahmanya ksubrahm at redhat.com
Thu Jul 27 09:29:49 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Li, Dan <lidan at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi, Karthik
>
> Thanks for your information, which is very useful for me.
>
> I tried to use volume level worm feature and file level worm feature,
> and I think file level worm feature is seemly matching my needs.
> But I find it cannot work with samba. (volume level worm feature is OK)
>
> I mounted worm_vol on samba and setup samba server by the following
> configuration.
> [gluster-worm_vol]
> comment = For samba share of volume worm_vol
> vfs objects = glusterfs
> glusterfs:volume = worm_vol
> glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterfs-worm_vol.%M.log
> glusterfs:loglevel = 7
> path = /
> read only = no
> guesn ok = yes
> kernel share modes = no
>
> The following error has been reported when I set the feature on the volume.
> [root at node mnt]# gluster  vol set  worm_vol features.worm-file-level on
> volume set: failed: One of the client 127.0.0.1:1023 is running with
> op-version 30703 and doesn't support the required op-version 30800. This
> client needs to be upgraded or disconnected before running this command
> again

The file level worm feature is implemented in glusterfs-3.8 but on your
machine 127.0.0.1:1023 you are running glusterfs-3.7 (which is EOL). You
should update the machines to have glusterfs 3.8 or above to avail this
feature. And it is recommended to have all the machines running the same
version of gluster.

> Other features of worm can be setted without error.
> [root@ node mnt]# gluster  vol set  worm_vol features.default-retention-period
> 30
> volume set: success

This was successful because we do not check for the op-version when when
setting this configurable.

HTH,
Karthik