[Gluster-devel] About WORM feature

Li, Dan lidan at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 27 03:40:42 UTC 2017

Hi, Karthik

Thanks for your information, which is very useful for me.

I tried to use volume level worm feature and file level worm feature,
and I think file level worm feature is seemly matching my needs.
But I find it cannot work with samba. (volume level worm feature is OK)

I mounted worm_vol on samba and setup samba server by the following configuration.
[gluster-worm_vol]
comment = For samba share of volume worm_vol
vfs objects = glusterfs
glusterfs:volume = worm_vol
glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterfs-worm_vol.%M.log
glusterfs:loglevel = 7
path = /
read only = no
guesn ok = yes
kernel share modes = no

The following error has been reported when I set the feature on the volume.
[root at node mnt]# gluster  vol set  worm_vol features.worm-file-level on
volume set: failed: One of the client 127.0.0.1:1023 is running with op-version 30703 and doesn't support the required op-version 30800. This client needs to be upgraded or disconnected before running this command again

Other features of worm can be setted without error.
[root@ node mnt]# gluster  vol set  worm_vol features.default-retention-period 30
volume set: success

The glusterd log shows as following:
[2021-07-25 06:41:09.078135] I [MSGID: 106022] [glusterd-handshake.c:803:_client_supports_volume] 0-glusterd: Client 127.0.0.1:1017 (1 -> 30703) doesn't support required op-version (30800). Rejecting volfile request.

The version info is as following:
samba-vfs-glusterfs-4.4.4-14.el7_3.x86_64
glusterfs-3.10.3.tar.gz

Can you give me some suggestion? Thanks!

Regards,
Li Dan