[Gluster-devel] License for product

Ji-Hyeon Gim potatogim at gluesys.com
Tue Jul 18 02:42:16 UTC 2017

On 2017년 07월 18일 10:41, Taehwa Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve been developing a product using glusterfs within my team.
>

> I want to know issues about license when I use glusterfs as product.
>

> Q1. What should I do when I use glusterfs which is modified by myself.

AFAIK, GlusterFS follows GPLv3 license so you should obey that in the
same manner with including GPLv3 license file copied in order to let it
be under the GPLv3. and you must open any code which modified according
to your needs.

> Q2. I’ve developed a management and monitoring software for gluster
> and things for cluster system.
> Should I open this source codes ?

If your software is placed in same memory area with GlusterFS
library(Static/Dynamic linkage with them), it is "derived work" be under
the GPL so you must be open for it. However you will not need to open it
probably if you just use executable.

> Thanks in advance.

> Taehwa Lee
> Gluesys Co.,Ltd.
> alghost.lee at gmail.com <mailto:alghost.lee at gmail.com>
> +82-10-3420-6114, +82-70-8785-6591

Best regards.

--

Ji-Hyeon Gim
Research Engineer, Gluesys

Address. Gluesys R&D Center, 5F, 11-31, Simin-daero 327beon-gil,
         Dongan-gu, Anyang-si,
         Gyeonggi-do, Korea
         (14055)
Phone.   +82-70-8787-1053
Fax.     +82-31-388-3261
Mobile.  +82-10-7293-8858
E-Mail.  potatogim at potatogim.net
Website. www.potatogim.net

The time I wasted today is the tomorrow the dead man was eager to see yesterday.
  - Sophocles