[Gluster-devel] [Fwd: [Gluster-infra] Reboot of infra this week end to fix CVE-2017-6074]

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Sat Feb 25 14:45:16 UTC 2017

Le samedi 25 février 2017 à 14:38 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le samedi 25 février 2017 à 14:21 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > Le vendredi 24 février 2017 à 19:58 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> >
> > so the great upgrade has started, and while almost everything went well,
> > the host running gerrit/jenkins/etc (myrmicinae.rht.gluster.org) is
> > again taking ages, because "firmware is loading" .
> >
> > So just to let you know that situation is under control, we just have to
> > wait.
>
> It turn out that I was slightly too optimist, as the server where
> builders and fstat are running (haplometrosis.rht) have been
> misconfigured since it was starting a interface both as part of a bridge
> and outside of a bridge. Of course, this did create a race condition and
> sometme it work, sometime it don't.
>
> And this time, it didn't. So this is now fixed (as I tested to reboot)
>
> Of course, things wouldn't be fun if something didn't broke, and fstat
> is not coming back on the new kernel. As the old kernel is fine, I
> suspect something broke during the upgrade of the kernel and it did
> create a invalid initrd. I will investigate and report.
>

> And if you wonder, yes we are still waiting on myrmicinae to boot.

So myrmicinae finally came back.

And unsurprisingly, it didn't work as planned.

First, it suffered from the same problem with network than haplometrosis
(cause I configured the same, using nmcli, who created the same wrong
file). The trick was how to restart network for VM without a full
restart of the server.

Then, gerrit didn't start automatically. This is gonna be fixed once we
move it to ansible.

Third, after I started manually gerrit, it took a long time to log me
(which mean I started to freak out and plan how to debug it), but now, I
can connect to the web interface, etc.

If anything is broken, please sent emails and/or ping me on internal irc
and/or ping nigel

--
Michael Scherer