[Gluster-devel] [Fwd: [Gluster-infra] Reboot of infra this week end to fix CVE-2017-6074]

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Sat Feb 25 13:38:46 UTC 2017

Le samedi 25 février 2017 à 14:21 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le vendredi 24 février 2017 à 19:58 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
>
> so the great upgrade has started, and while almost everything went well,
> the host running gerrit/jenkins/etc (myrmicinae.rht.gluster.org) is
> again taking ages, because "firmware is loading" .
>
> So just to let you know that situation is under control, we just have to
> wait.

It turn out that I was slightly too optimist, as the server where
builders and fstat are running (haplometrosis.rht) have been
misconfigured since it was starting a interface both as part of a bridge
and outside of a bridge. Of course, this did create a race condition and
sometme it work, sometime it don't.

And this time, it didn't. So this is now fixed (as I tested to reboot)

Of course, things wouldn't be fun if something didn't broke, and fstat
is not coming back on the new kernel. As the old kernel is fine, I
suspect something broke during the upgrade of the kernel and it did
create a invalid initrd. I will investigate and report.

And if you wonder, yes we are still waiting on myrmicinae to boot.