[Gluster-devel] Release 3.12: Glusto run status

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 10:33:07 UTC 2017

On 08/30/2017 06:09 AM, Shwetha Panduranga wrote:
> Case:
>
> 1) add-brick when IO is in progress , wait for 30 seconds
>
> 2) Trigger rebalance
>
> 3) Execute: 'rebalance status' ( there is no time delay b/w 2) and 3) )

The error is observed in the above step as per the logs. The reasons are
as stated by Atin amd myself, that one of the rebalance processes not
fully up yet, leading to the error, as these processes are started using
the nowait mode.

The suggestion would be to check for status after a pause, or check for
status in a loop till a timeout. This will enable the test to go ahead.