[Gluster-devel] About spread count, lookup and layout

Tahereh Fattahi t28.fattahi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 02:33:15 UTC 2017

Hi
I have some question about spread count:

1. When I set spread count less than subvolume count, I see the hash is
assigned to one directory layout for some subvolumes are zero (that is ok)
, but I expect these subvolumes should not bee looked up in case
lookup_everywhere for creating a file. Unfortunately I see these lookups in
server profile.
Am I correct?
is there any way for this case to reduce the amount of lookups that is send
to the servers? (lookup optimize is off and I want this)

2. I see the option for changing the spread count and fixing the layout in
dht xlaor (dht_setxattr), but when I tried to set this attribute and change
the layout I dont see any change!! while there is no error and crash (I
call setfattr in client side because I dont see dht xlator in server graph)