[Gluster-devel] Release 3.11: Pending features and reviews (2 days to branching)

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 23:41:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

This mail should have been out 3-4 days earlier than now as branching is
2 days away, but hopefully it is not too late.

The current release scope can be seen at [1].

If you do *not* recognize your nick in the following list then you can
help us out by looking at pending reviews [2] and moving them along and
optionally skip the rest of the mail.

If your nick is in the list below, please read along to update status on
the action called out against you.

nick list: @amarts, @csabahenk, @ndevos, @pranith, @kaushal, @jiffin,
@rabhat, @kaleb, @samikshan, @poornimag, @kotresh, @susant

If any reviews for the features listed below are still open and not
appearing in [2] drop me a mail, and I will star it, so that it appears
in the list as needed.

Status request of features targeted for 3.11:

1) Starting with features that slipped 3.10 and were marked for 3.11

1.1) In gfapi fix memory leak during graph switch #61
@ndevos I know a series of fixes are up for review, will this be
completed for this release, or would it be an ongoing effort across
releases? If the latter, we possibly continue tracking this for the next
release as well.

1.2) SELinux support for Gluster Volumes #55
Latest reviews indicate this may be ready by branching, @jiffin or
@ndevos will this make it by branching date?

1.3) Introduce force option for Snapshot Restore #62
There seems to be no owner for this now, @rabhat any updates or anything
more than what we know about this at this time?

1.4) switch to storhaug for HA for ganesha and samba #59
@kaleb, are there any open reviews for this? Is it already done?

2) New in 3.11 and tracked in the release scope [1]

2.1) get-state CLI needs to provide client and brick capacity related
information as well #158
Code is in. Documentation changes are pending (heads up, @samikshan). No
updates needed at present.

2.2) Serve negative lookups from cache #82
Code is in. Documentation changes are pending, which can come in later
(heads up, @poornimag)

2.3) New xlator to help developers detecting resource leaks #176
Code and developer documentation is in, issue is auto-closed post merge
of the commit. (thanks @ndevos)

2.4) Make the feature metadata-caching/small file performance production
ready #167
Just a release-note update, hence issue will be updated post branching
when the release notes are updated (heads up, @poornimag)

2.5) Make the feature "Parallel Readdir" production ready in 3.11 #166
Just a release-note update, hence issue will be updated post branching
when the release notes are updated (heads up, @poornimag)

2.6) bitrot: [RFE] Enable object versioning only if bitrot is enabled. #188
Code is merged, needs release notes updates once branching is done,
possibly no documentation changes from what I can see, hence will get
closed once release notes are updated (heads up, @kotresh).

3) New in 3.11 and not tracked in release scope [1] as there are no
visible mail requests to consider these for 3.11 in the gluster devel lists

3.1) Use standard refcounting functions #156
@ndevos any updates? Should this be marked in the 3.11 scope?

3.2) Rebalance performance improvement #155
@susant any updates? Should this be marked in the 3.11 scope?

3.3) rpc-clnt reconnect timer #152
@amarts any updates? Should this be marked in the 3.11 scope?

3.4) [RFE] libfuse rebase to latest? #153
@amarts, @csabahenk any updates? Should this be marked in the 3.11 scope?

4) Pending issue still to be opened at github (and possibly making into
the relase)

4.1) IPv6 support enhancements from FB
heads up, @kaushal. Mail discussions are already done, possibly if we
make it by the cut a github issue would be needed.

4.2) Halo replication enhancements from FB
Heads up, @pranith. As this may make it a week post branching and we
will take in the backport, a github issue would be needed to track this.

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] Release scope: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/projects/1

[2] Reviews needing attention: