[Gluster-devel] Why not provide useful config.guess and config.sub in gluster's release tarball

Zhengping Zhou johnzzpcrystal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 01:18:39 UTC 2017

    I have a test environment without  internet connection. I'd like
to build and install many packages from the tarball which downloaded
from the official website.
    Generally, the tarball will provide a useful configure  file, I
mean which can generate the right makefile, or there will be no
default configure file(only configure.ac),
which means i should run auto_gen.sh to get configure.
    But it puzzles me that the tarball provides a configure file which
cann't generate a right Makefile without any obvious error info. So
why not just don't provide
a configure file in the tarball, so the users will run auto_gen.sh to
get  one just like the developer in git environment.Or maybe you can
provide a useful config.guess
and config.sub in the tarball as I suggested in the last email.

Thanks,
Zhengping