[Gluster-devel] Fixing setfsuid/gid problems in posix xlator

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 02:58:57 UTC 2016

hi,
   Jiffin found an interesting problem in posix xlator where we have never
been using setfsuid/gid (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15545/), what I am
seeing regressions after this is, if the files are created using non-root
user then the file creation fails because that user doesn't have
permissions to create the gfid-link. So it seems like the correct way
forward for this patch is to write wrappers around sys_<syscall> to do
setfsuid/gid do the actual operation requested and then set it back to old
uid/gid and then do the internal operations. I am planning to write
posix_sys_<syscall>() to do the same, may be a macro?.
    I need inputs from you guys to let me know if I am on the right path
and if you see any issues with this approach.

--
Pranith