[Gluster-devel] Gluster and FreeBSD

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 15:10:00 UTC 2016

> > We did get some regular contributions to have Gluster function on
> > FreeBSD, but they seem to be more sporadic now. If nobody steps up, I
> > would suggest to keep compiling on FreeBSD, but nothing more. Maybe at a
> > later time someone shows more interest.
> >
> > NetBSD on the other hand already runs some of the regression tests. And
> > it seems to hit valid problems in the code that we for whatever lucky
> > reason do not hit (yet?) on Linux. I see some value in the NetBSD
> > environment, and if the infra team with help from Manu can keep it
> > up-to-date it would be good to have it running.
>
> +1 to this approach regarding BSDs.

I'm ok with this approach. Can we then do the following?
* Document the issues when deploying FreeBSD.
* Remove any references to us officially supporting FreeBSD (are there any?)
* Ask for contributions from the FreeBSD community, especially if someone wants
  to take over maintainership of the port.

--
nigelb