[Gluster-devel] Gluster and FreeBSD

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Tue Sep 20 07:51:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 09:16:54AM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:
> Giving this thread a signal boost. We should think about this if we're going to
> continue to support *BSD.

An attempt to clarify some apparent confusion: Despite theit very similar
names, *BSD are not different distributions of the same software like
Linux distributions are. NetBSD and FreeBSD are distinct operating systems,
with theit own kernels and userlands that diverged from a common ancestor
23 years ago.

This is why you should not take FreeBSD behaviors for granted on NetBSD,
and vice-versa.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org