[Gluster-devel] Custom Transport layers

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 10:35:41 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Last time when I thought about UDP vs TCP, I seemed to have stumbled upon use-cases where maintaining ordering of messages was necessary. However, now that I think more about it, higher layers (like write-behind, open-behind etc) maintain order wherever required. So, I am not sure whether ordering of messages is a primary requirement when choosing a transport. I'll post more if I find anything worthwhile.