[Gluster-devel] [Outreachy] Need help with running bench test on Gluster cluster.

Menaka Mohan menaka.m at outlook.com
Thu Oct 13 05:54:34 UTC 2016

Hello Shyam,

Thanks a lot for such a detailed reply. I am new to this and was trying hard to learn and got your help in the right time. After getting your reply, I have experimented more and following are the findings.

I am clear with all the pre-requisites except only one. I searched for any -easy to understand- examples online, but couldn't find any. My clients.ioz file has the "hostname  directory iozone_pathname". But where to specify the number of threads per client ? In the recent commit, Number of threads are set to 4 in the script. But how to do that while running our own iozone command ?

So far, I am unable to find the cause of the following errors.

1)      extract_iozone_resuslt function returning None

2)      Line 13 in sync-drop-caches.sh " source=${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" returns Bad substitution.

But I am able to run the iozone commands in the script on my own and get the results.

1)      # IOZone seq writes [https://paste.fedoraproject.org/449217/14763288/]

2)      # IOZone seq reads [https://paste.fedoraproject.org/449218/14763289/]

3)      # IOZone rand read / write [http://paste.fedoraproject.org/449220/76329399/]

Since we are getting the expected results, I assume covering all the pre-requisites rightly except the above mentioned one.

While I run the actual gbench script, I get the following log. [ https://paste.fedoraproject.org/449225/63310741/ ]
As I have checked, I also have bash shell as the default shell. [ https://paste.fedoraproject.org/449224/30577147/ ]

I am also trying to find the cause of the errors to my knowledge and will report any progress soon. I have made few syntactic corrections in the code and also updated the readme as you said in the previous email and generated a pull request. Kindly review it.

Now, Please let me know what all you expect in the application other than my understanding and the timeline and few initial contributions.

Note: I looked into few articles to reply properly into a thread in a mailing list. I changed the subject as Re: Re: Sub. Still, If I am unable to place it rightly in the thread, I am sorry. I will look into it.

Regards,
Menaka M