[Gluster-devel] io-stats: Fix overwriting of client profile by the bricks

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu May 26 22:19:06 UTC 2016

> >> I think we need to reconsider the above change. The bug is real and
> >> needs a fix, but maybe we append the xlator name to the end of the
> >> provided filename and dump the stats into that, than unwind from the
> >> first instance of io-stats.
> >
> > I assume you mean the first instance of io-stats that recognizes its
> > own name in the argument, or else the setattr might still get turned
> > around before it gets to where it's intended to take effect.  Another
> > option would be to put the desired io-stats level in the xattr name
> > instead of its value.  I'd use levels instead of names because names
> > are made up internally and not readily/safely guessable by the user.
> > This would require that we pattern-match on the xattr name instead
> > of doing a direct string comparison, but that seems easy enough.
> >

> No Jeff, I want it passed to all instances of io-stats in the graph

...which "unwind from the first instance" won't do.  I thought "than"
was a typo, but it looks like you were using it to mean "instead of".
It makes more sense that way.

> the filename argument can be specialized by adding *something* to it

Seems easy enough.  That would require only reverting the current
patch and making a slight modification to how io-stats formats the
file name for sys_open.  We could also process a %s in the xattr
value, but that seems more error-prone.