[Gluster-devel] io-stats: Fix overwriting of client profile by the bricks

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Thu May 26 22:04:14 UTC 2016

On 05/26/2016 05:32 PM, Jeff Darcy wrote:

>> I think we need to reconsider the above change. The bug is real and
>> needs a fix, but maybe we append the xlator name to the end of the
>> provided filename and dump the stats into that, than unwind from the
>> first instance of io-stats.
>
> I assume you mean the first instance of io-stats that recognizes its
> own name in the argument, or else the setattr might still get turned
> around before it gets to where it's intended to take effect.  Another
> option would be to put the desired io-stats level in the xattr name
> instead of its value.  I'd use levels instead of names because names
> are made up internally and not readily/safely guessable by the user.
> This would require that we pattern-match on the xattr name instead
> of doing a direct string comparison, but that seems easy enough.

No Jeff, I want it passed to all instances of io-stats in the graph, so
the filename argument can be specialized by adding *something* to it.

But, we can also enhance the feature to peek at a certain level, but I
consider that an enhancement, I am looking at retaining older behavior
where all io-stats xlators see this query for profile information and
provide the same.