[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.8 RC2 is coming soon

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue May 24 12:13:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

just a heads up that I'm planning to tag glusterfs-3.8rc2 later today.
There are still some patches that are in need of reviews, please keep an
eye open for those with this link:

  http://review.gluster.org/#/q/status:open+project:glusterfs+branch:release-3.8

In addition to more patches that want to get included in 3.8 GA, we are
still waiting for more details in the release-notes. Please have a look
there and try to resolve some of the TODO items:

  https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/glusterfs-3.8-release-notes

My plan is to mark all bugs that are still open, but should have been
fixed with this release as ON_QA and fixed_in_version=glusterfs-3.8rc2.
This sends a heads-up to the users that reported the bugs, and an
request for testing will be done on the users list as well.

Urgent issues that ABSOLUTELY need fixing before GA need to have a bug
with "glusterfs-3.8.0" in the "blocks" field. Those bugs will then be
attached to the tracker and should be listed here:

  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.8.0&maxdepth=2&hide_resolved=1

Thanks,
Niels