[Gluster-devel] Reducing regression runs (hopefully)

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 14:39:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 07:37:55PM +0530, Raghavendra Talur wrote:

> > 1. We do not clear the Verified tag. This means if you want to re-run
> >    regressions you have to manually trigger it. If your patch is rebased
> > on top
> >    of another patch, you may have to retrigger failing regressions
> > manually.
> >
> Yes, matching the settings for Verified flag to that of regressions is
> right thing to do.
> Users can use the rechech netbsd/centos/smoke option to retrigger specific
> tests.

I've just pushed this change. We should see it in effect from now.

> [...]
> holds true for MAINTAINERS file, tests/distaf/* and doc/*. We skip
> regressions for changes in distaf/* and doc/* today. Extras folder has code
> though.
>
> Given below is a simple grep which shows files that reside in extras but
> get installed as part of make/packages. Some of the scripts found in this
> list are tested in the regression tests.
>
> 45:                extras/peer_add_secret_pub
> 214:                extras/Makefile
> 215:                extras/glusterd.vol
> 216:                extras/cliutils/Makefile
> 217:                extras/init.d/Makefile
> 218:                extras/init.d/glusterd.plist
> 219:                extras/init.d/glusterd-Debian
> 220:                extras/init.d/glusterd-Redhat
> 221:                extras/init.d/glusterd-FreeBSD
> 222:                extras/init.d/glusterd-SuSE
> 223:                extras/ganesha/Makefile
> 224:                extras/ganesha/config/Makefile
> 225:                extras/ganesha/scripts/Makefile
> 226:                extras/ganesha/ocf/Makefile
> 227:                extras/systemd/Makefile
> 228:                extras/systemd/glusterd.service
> 229:                extras/systemd/glustereventsd.service
> 230:                extras/run-gluster.tmpfiles
> 231:                extras/benchmarking/Makefile
> 232:                extras/hook-scripts/Makefile
> 233:                extras/ocf/Makefile
> 234:                extras/ocf/glusterd
> 235:                extras/ocf/volume
> 236:                extras/LinuxRPM/Makefile
> 237:                extras/geo-rep/Makefile
> 238:                extras/geo-rep/schedule_georep.py
> 239:                extras/firewalld/Makefile
> 240:                extras/hook-scripts/add-brick/Makefile
> 241:                extras/hook-scripts/add-brick/pre/Makefile
> 242:                extras/hook-scripts/add-brick/post/Makefile
> 243:                extras/hook-scripts/start/Makefile
> 244:                extras/hook-scripts/start/post/Makefile
> 245:                extras/hook-scripts/set/Makefile
> 246:                extras/hook-scripts/set/post/Makefile
> 247:                extras/hook-scripts/stop/Makefile
> 248:                extras/hook-scripts/stop/pre/Makefile
> 249:                extras/hook-scripts/reset/Makefile
> 250:                extras/hook-scripts/reset/post/Makefile
> 251:                extras/hook-scripts/reset/pre/Makefile
> 252:                extras/snap_scheduler/Makefile
> 720:# only install scripts from extras/geo-rep when enabled
> 722:  GEOREP_EXTRAS_SUBDIR=geo-rep
> 724:AC_SUBST(GEOREP_EXTRAS_SUBDIR)
> 2076:install -D -p -m 0644 extras/glusterd-sysconfig \
> 2137:install -D -p -m 0644 extras/glusterfs-logrotate \
> 2144:install -D -p -m 0644 extras/glusterfs-georep-logrotate \
> 2170:install -p -m 0744 -D extras/command-completion/gluster.bash \
> 2521:%doc extras/clear_xattrs.sh
> 2933:- Include extras/clear_xattrs.sh in the glusterfs-server sub-package

Okay, that's a problem. We'd either have to be smart about marking which ones
need a regression run (all the Makefiles and a few other things) or we have
something added to the commit message to say, "this patch gets automatic
regression +1 because it doesn't touch anything needing regression".

--
nigelb